Put your walking shoes on and head for the free Metro Parks "Commit to Be Fit" hikes through the Columbus-area Metro Parks. All walks begin at 1 p.m., and are about two miles. The walk at Slate Run is a little shorter, and the hike at Sharon Woods is a little longer. Some of the parks are hilly (Blendon and Highbanks) and some are relatively flat (Three Creeks). The paths are well-marked, so you can enjoy nature at your own pace.
If you're up for more Metro Park fun, check out the Metro Park Tram Ride Schedule.
Metro Parks "Commit to Be Fit" Fall 2009 Schedule
Sundays at 1 p.m.
- Aug 23: Blacklick Woods Metro Park
- Aug 30: Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
- Sept 6: Blendon Woods Metro Park
- Sept 13: Inniswood Metro Gardens
- Sept 20: Three Creeks Metro Park
- Sept 27: Prairie Oaks Metro Park
- Oct 4: Slate Run Metro Park
- Oct 11: Sharon Woods Metro Park
- Oct 18: Chestnut Ridge Metro Park
- Oct 25: Highbanks Metro Park