This weekend is going to rock! If you like hot ribs and cool jazz then you should head down to the Jazz and Rib Festival this weekend. Starting July 22, Columbus' largest outdoor free music festival will host of 40 jazz acts from around the country including Dave Koz, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and the Liquid Crystal Project. Listening to all that sweet music - and maybe dancing a bit - is going to make you hungry. Good thing the rib contest has 23 participants!
Rib gurus from all over the U.S. and Canada will battle to see who will earn the bragging rights of:
- Critics' Choice - professional rib judges
- Critics' All-Ohio Champion - highest score of Ohio rib burners from Critics' Choice category
- Best Sauce - professional rib judges
- Big Whigs' Pig Award - media personalities and sponsors
- People's Choice - voted on by festival attendees
If ribs aren't your thing, not to worry, there are many other vendors on hand to fill you up with every type of festival food you can imagine - fried everything, sweet treats and healthy alternatives. There are also some great activities for kids including the Blue Jackets Bounce House, Crew Soccer Tour and canoe rental.
Other Weekend Activities:
Bringing Up Baby, Cartoon Capers & Gone with the Wind - CAPA Summer Movie Series
The Spinners - Columbus Symphony Orchestra Picnic with the Pops
Columbus Museum of Art - Free the months of July & August