There are plenty of fun and affordable things to do in and around Columbus for the remainder of the month. Below is just a sampling:
- Through August 1 - Shakespeare's "Much Ado about Nothing" in Schiller Park by the Actors Theatre. free admission. Thursdays through Sundays. For more information, visit the Actors Theatre website.
- Franklin County Fair - July 17 to 24 at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. Demolition Derby, crafts, livestock, fair food, rides and more. For more information, visit the fair's website.
- Lancaster Festival - July 22 through 31 at locations throughout Lancaster. Live entertainment (including Kenny Rogers), work by 70 artists, and other cultural events at 30 indoor and outdoor venue. Many events are free. For more information, visit the festival's website.
- Jazz & Rib Fest - July 23 through 25 at North Bank Park in the Arena District. free admission. Friday and Saturday 11am to 10pm and Sunday 11am to 8pm. For more information, see www.hotribscooljazz.org.
- Columbus Wine Festival (pictured above) - July 30 and 31 at the Franklin Park Conservatory. Friday 4pm to 10pm and Saturday 3pm to 9pm. Admission is $35 at the door or $25 in advance. Sample your choice of more than 150 wines from Ohio and around the world plus food samples, cooking demonstrations and live entertainment. Tickets and further information are available at the festival's website.
by Sandy Mitchell
(photo courtesy of the Columbus Wine Festival)